It’s a RepRap controller board that’s based on Sanguinololu, so it can support the Arduino software. The Brainwave was specially designed for single-extruder printing, to be as functional and low cost as possible, and it comes from Metrix.net for a respectable $100. Instead of watering them down, I’ll just paste the specs:
- Small footprint: only 60mm x 79mm!
- 12V power input
- Micro USB connector
- All connectors at edge of board, vertical or right-angle connectors will fit.
- Atmel AT90USB646 microcontroller w/ USB bootloader
- 1, 2, 16 or 32x microstepping @ up to 800mA
- Dual Z-axis connectors
- Optional per channel current attenuation
- Heated bed support with separate power input (up to 24V @ 15A)
- Integrated heater/thermistor/stepper connector for E channel
- Fan control
Brainwave: the $100 open source 3D printer controller board
by Cameron Naramore